By Jonathan Sweet
I’m always interested in what authors are working on, so I thought I’d give a look at what we have coming down the pike in 2020.
In case you missed it, one originally planned 2020 project actually hit in late 2019: Chicago Pulp Tales, a collection of vintage pulp stories set in the Windy City.
I’m in the midst of research/writing/production on five books right now:
- A hardcover edition of Minnesota’s 50 Greatest Baseball Players will come out later this month. Just need to sign off on the final proofs, and we’re good to go.
- Another sports book in the vein of Minnesota’s 50 Greatest Baseball Players, this time focused on great Minnesota sports moments. Goal is to have that one out in time for Father’s Day.
- Volume 2 of The Beginner’s Guide to Pulp. That one will make its debut at the Windy City Pulp & Paper Convention in April.
- A Christmas-themed book that I’ll reveal more about later this year, with the goal of having it done by the fall for the holiday season and local book shows.
- Finally, I’m a bit stalled on a pulp novel that I’m writing — my first full-length fiction novel. Originally had planned on having it done for the Windy City show, but unless it takes off suddenly, that seems unlikely. Hopefully it’ll still happen later this year!
From the Brick Pickle Pulp side of things, we also have several projects in the works:
- The aforementioned Volume 2 of the Guide and Chicago Pulp Tales (and maybe my novel!)
- Thrilling Detective Pulp Stories, Vol. 2, will go live by the end of January. Proofs are on their way as we speak. We’re already well into the work on Volume 3, which will come out later this year. Most likely, we’ll publish an omnibus hardcover edition combining all three as well. (Volume 1 was published in 2019.)
- A collection of Minnesota pulp stories. The stories are selected, but editing and production still have yet to start, so we’re probably looking at the second half of the year.
- Some author-themed collections in the second half of the year. More to come on those!